- Businesses of all Sizes
- Governmental Bodies and Agencies
- Educational Institutions
- Non-Profit Organizations
Commonwealth Sustainability Works helps you integrate the principles of sustainability into daily operations and strategic planning. With sustainability as a key corporate value, decisions become focused on the long-term health of the organization and its supporting environment rather than short-term gain. This holistic approach improves economic competitiveness while enhancing local livability and reducing negative ecological impacts.
Sustainability initiatives for businesses and other organizations can include any of the following:
- Alternative Fuel Vehicles
- Energy Efficiency
- Environmental Management Systems
- Green Building and Design
- Green Fleets and Transportation Alternatives
- Health and Safety Initiatives
- Indoor Environmental Quality Improvements
- Industrial Ecology
- Life-Cycle Analysis
- Pollution Prevention
- Product Stewardship and Take-back Initiatives
- Reducing Regulatory and Remediation Costs
- Renewable Energy
- Site Selection
- Sustainability Audits
- Sustainability Reporting and Performance Measures
- Sustainable Purchasing
- Turning Waste into Product
- Water Conservation
Contact us today to discuss your needs. Commonwealth Sustainability Works helps clients pursue as many of these interrelated topics as possible. Our approach is intended to expand the outlook of our clients – finding profit where once was waste and strength where once was adversity.
For more information on topics related to sustainable business planning and management, we recommend the following websites:
- SustainableBusiness.com – A website of news, research, job listings, contacts, and other resources related to business and business practices that promote sustainability.
- The Natural Step – An international organization providing education and resources based on four “system conditions” for sustainability.
- The Allan Savory Center for Holistic Management offers “tools and strategies – training, learning materials, mentoring, a support network and more – to help organizations improve quality of life and the bottom line while restoring the environment that sustains us all.”
- Business and Sustainable Development – A Global Guide – published by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD).
- Business for Social Responsibility – An international membership organization based in San Francisco.